we’re Open

24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week

call us
877-330-9520

Fighting for carbon monoxide victims

Understanding the risk behind clothe dryers.

Could Your Dryer Be a Fire or Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Risk?

Many people do not realize that an appliance they use on a regular basis, their dryer, could be exposing them to significant medical conditions and risks. In recent years a number of news stories have profiled how individuals have been significantly injured as a result of interaction with a dangerous dryer.

Fires and Carbon Monoxide in Your Home are Deadly

Most people don’t realize that their dryer is a serious risk for fires or even carbon monoxide poisoning until it’s too late. A fire could damage property inside your home or injure those inside. It’s always a good idea to be in the house where you can keep an eye on the dryer as it works, but this is not a foolproof way to prevent serious injuries because of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Some people might not even realize that a defective dryer could be emitting dangerous fumes that could kill them.

Unfortunately, any appliance that makes use of fuel could cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a dangerous and silent killer because it is tasteless, odorless and colorless. However, it can contribute to significant harm to you and your family members. This comes from any situation in which a household appliance is not properly vented. Common symptoms for carbon monoxide poisoning include nausea, headaches and disorientation, making it difficult to identify.

Defective Dryers Pose Serious Injury and Death Risks

If your gas appliances like your clothes dryer are not properly vented or are defective, trapped fumes will have very few places to go inside your home. This is why it is important to analyze all of your gas appliances on an annual basis to ensure that they have not become clogged. Exhaust fumes can get backed up into the home and lead to carbon monoxide poisoning if an exhaust vent becomes clogged with bird's nests or lint, for example. Your dryer vent should be professionally cleaned out a minimum of once a year so that the vent stays clear to avoid any significant health issues. Regular dryer vent cleanings also help to prevent another serious cause of in home injuries which is dryer vent fires. Dryer vent fires can occur when items such as lint build up inside the dryer vent.

Improper cleaning could lead to serious issues such as a home fire or carbon monoxide poisoning. Knowing your rights and understanding the next steps you need to take is extremely important if you or someone you know has already been injured as a result of a defective dryer. Consulting with a lawyer who has handled cases like this before can give you a broad overview of what to expect should you choose to move forward with a legal claim. Since you have a limited period of time in which to pursue legal action against those individuals responsible for manufacturing or designing the defective dryer that caused you to suffer carbon monoxide poisoning, you need to take action now.

Free Case Review

Use the form bellow to get started

or call us at 877-327-4104