we’re Open

24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week

call us
877-330-9520

Fighting for carbon monoxide victims

Precautions that are necessary in the summer.

Gearing Up for Summer: Be Aware That Barbeque Grills Could Cause Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Many individuals do not realize that being injured in a carbon monoxide poisoning incident has the potential to alter their life forever or even end it. This is why it is so important to identify the potential issues associated with carbon monoxide poisoning as well as the appliances most likely to cause this situation. When you’re firing up the grill, you might not expect that your appliance could cause you personal injury if you’re relatively safe and operate it according to the instruction manual, but that does not guarantee you’ll be free from injury.

Appliances Commonly Linked to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Any appliance that uses fuel and could emit carbon monoxide gas is at risk of being defective or malfunctioning and poisoning those around it. Most people are under the impression that if an appliance is outdoors that it is safe. This is not necessarily the case as not having proper ventilation or a severely defective appliance like a barbeque grill could lead to catastrophic injuries. Since carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, it can be difficult to detect until a person has already began suffering from the symptoms.

What Happens When You’re Poisoned?

Carbon monoxide can actually end up replacing all of the oxygen inside your bloodstream forcing you to suffocate from the inside out. Your brain can be suffocated in just a couple of minutes after being exposed to carbon monoxide.

Having a carbon monoxide detector inside the house is extremely important, but you might not realize that your barbeque grill could give off fumes for hours after you're finished cooking. There are several different safety tips you can take in order to minimize the chances of a barbeque grill outdoors endangering you. These include:

  • Never use a barbeque inside your home in an effort to keep you warm or to cook food.
  • Never leave a barbeque lit and unattended while sleeping or elsewhere.
  • Only use your barbeque in accordance with the operating instructions provided by the manufacturer.
  • Place a cooking area well away from your tent or sleeping location if you are camping. Make sure that there is plenty of fresh air to circulate through the area and minimize the chances of carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • Never take a lit or smoldering barbeque grill into a cabin, tent or a caravan. It is a good idea to leave the barbeque grill outside with appropriate ventilations so that it can cool down for several hours after you've finished cooking.

If you have some awareness about the risks of carbon monoxide, you can take extra steps with your grill to ensure you or someone you know is not injured.

If you believe that you've already been the victim of carbon monoxide poisoning due to a barbeque grill that functioned defectively, you need to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you figure out your next steps as well as how to protect your rights and recover compensation for the injuries you have sustained.

Free Case Review

Use the form bellow to get started

or call us at 877-327-4104